Ambient Environmental, Inc. (Ambient) was founded in 2006 on the premise that technical expertise is the cornerstone of our environmental, health and safety consulting firm, but responsiveness and outstanding client service is the differentiator that will help us succeed by providing the most value to each assignment. We are proud of our status as a NYS Certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise and our ability to provide efficient, effective and professional EHS services throughout the Northeast.
Ambient’s diverse and long-standing client base consists of manufacturers, industrial and commercial property developers and owners, banks and financial institutions, investors, not-for-profit agencies, colleges and universities, professional firms such as architects and engineers, municipalities, and regulated government entities on the federal, state, regional and local level. Ambient contributes to each client’s success by understanding and supporting the role of EHS risk management as it relates to the overall aspirations of their organization.
Who We Are
Ambient was founded in 2006 by Joella Viscusi, a well-respected and experienced EHS professional with a vision to create and grow a company based on service, technical expertise and respect. Joella is the President and Owner of Ambient and, as such, the company maintains its status as a NYS Certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise. We are committed, passionate and attentive professionals that use technical expertise, business savvy and creativity to bring sustainable, cost-effective solutions to the challenges faced by our diverse client base.
Ambient provides reliable, sustainable, cost-effective solutions to address a wide spectrum of Environmental, Health and Safety issues. From Hazardous Building Materials Management to EHS Risk Management and Program Development, our personal commitment to your business solution is our main priority. Ambient headquarters are in Albany, New York and we provide services throughout the Northeast United States.
The Ambient Team
Ambient professionals have the experience, knowledge and certifications to address the complex EHS challenges that are part of our client’s daily operations. The knowledge and experience of Ambient management and staff provide the foundation for our growth and reputation within the environmental, health and safety community. We all possess a strong commitment to excellence, timeliness, responsiveness, and customer care in addition to being very experienced and qualified. We are passionate about what we do and strive to do our best on every project, every day.
NYSDEC issued guidance related to ‘Essential’ Site Investigation and Remediation
On April 2, 2020, NYSDEC issued guidance related to ‘Essential’ Site Investigation and Remediation projects and response actions. DEC considers the following activities to be essential:
• Remedial construction activities, including new construction starts, at sites that DEC has determined pose a significant threat to public health and/or the environment, including Class 2 sites on the Registry of Inactive Hazardous Waste Disposal Sites and significant threat sites in the Brownfield Cleanup Program;
• Completion of remedial construction already under way at non-significant threat sites as necessary to ensure site safety and prevent exposure to site contaminants, including completion of site cover systems;
• Operation and maintenance activities for active remedial systems that are necessary for the continued protection of human health and the environment;
• Interim remedial measures to address imminent human exposures and/or threat of significant contaminant migration;
• Spill response actions;
• Investigation, including pre-design investigations, of petroleum and hazardous waste releases as determined by DEC on a case-by-case basis to be necessary to address potential human exposures and/or threat of significant contaminant migration.
These criteria are subject to change and refinement as the response to the Covid-19 pandemic is fluid. Essential work must continue to comply with the guidance and directives for maintaining a clean and safe work environment issued by the Department of Health and every business, even if essential, must maintain social distance to the extent possible.
Feel free to contact Jim Blasting at Ambient Environmental Inc. if you have questions about your Site.